How to Take a Test in Blackboard
You can find tests and surveys in any content area, learning module, lesson plan, or folder.
Navigate to the test or survey and select the title. On the next page, select Begin. Your instructor might require that you type a password to begin. If necessary, type the password and select Submit. The system continues to prompt for a valid password until you provide the correct one.
Note: Don’t use the browser’s back button during a test or survey as this may cause loss of data. If you have problems during a test, contact your instructor immediately.
View the details. At the top of each test or survey, you can view the information about multiple attempts, the timer, navigation, and an optional description and instructions. You are also informed if you must complete the test or survey after you open it. Select the arrows next to the information section to collapse or expand it.
If your test or survey is timed, your instructor will inform you. The timer status bar keeps you updated on the time left.
- Auto-submit: The test or survey saves and submits automatically when time expires. The Submitted page appears.
- View completed questions. The Question Completion Status section displays a saved icon for each question you have answered. You can select a question number to jump to that question. Select the arrows next to the status section to collapse or expand it.
- Clear your Multiple-Choice answer. If you are unsure of your selection on a Multiple-Choice question, you may double-click to clear your answer choice.
- Your answers are auto saved. You can also select Save Answer next to each question or Save All Answers as you work. When you save an answer, saved appears in the question’s row.
- Ready to submit? When you are finished, select Save and Submit. You may see your score immediately if all questions are auto graded and your instructor releases this information. However, your instructor must manually grade some question types such as Essays.